Tuesday 19 May 2015

Sepia Saturday 280 : 23 May 2015


The themes for Sepia Saturday 280 - post your posts on or around Saturday 23 May 2015 - include boys, girls and dances. The caption on the old vintage postcard (which is here wrongly attributed to Flickr Commons but in fact comes from my own collection) reads "In Leap Year - The Ladies after a little wine and tobacco join the gentlemen in the drawing room". So another potential theme you could have is that of "reverses" - occasions when the usual arrangements are reversed. Whatever theme you go with - or ignore, the choice is yours - just post your posts and then add a link to the Linky List below. Here is what is just around the corning:




Well there you are ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. it is now time for you to step away from the mark, to unpost your posts and to join out with Sepia Saturday 280



15 comments:

Kristin said...

My parents on their way to or from a dance in 1952.

La Nightingail said...

Dancing through time & space.

ScotSue said...

The story of my parent's dance floor meeting.

Postcardy said...

dance marathons of the 1930s.

Brett Payne said...

Smoke break

Little Nell said...

I’m back after my travels and I couldn’t let the dance connection pass without menbton of my parents and their Dancing Years.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I'm loving the dress-up photos from everyone. I recently experienced a "reserve" situation that seemed to fit.
We're harvesting avocados and don't have enough time to write properly.

DougVernX said...

As usual I have a twist on the theme.

Boobook said...

Bit tricky finding a photo in the family albums for this one.

Mike Brubaker said...

This was a hard theme, but I think I've fashioned a set of mixed up ladies and gents that will suit it.

Alex Daw said...

At long last - a contribution from me...thanks for your patience and goodwill. I hope you find something to amuse or interest.

21 Wits said...

I'm in too, with a Memorial Day tribute!

Barbara Rogers said...

Remembering my proms, in the 1950s.

Anonymous said...

One tow three, one two three in a school dancing class.

Sean Bentley said...

Well, I either departed entirely from the theme this week, or if you use your imagination, you could infer a "Dance to the Music of Time," or a sort of reversal theme!