Wednesday 12 August 2015

Sepia Saturday 292 : 15 August 2015


"The best things in life are free / But you can keep them for the birds and bees / Now give me money / That's what I want"

What more can I say? For Sepia Saturday 293 give me money (that's what I want): or there again you can give me banking or guards or notes or anything else you can find in our theme picture. All you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 15th August 2015 and then add a link to the list below. But before you get out your wallet and start sending me £10 notes, or $20 notes or €20 notes (that's what I want) you might want to have a look at what is around sepia corner.


All you need to do now is to get Day Tripper and Bridge Over Troubled Water out of your mind and submit your entry to Sepia Saturday 292.




12 comments:

Jofeath said...

No photographs of piles of money from me. But I hope you enjoy my old school project. To see pictures of Australian notes you'll need to click on my links, as I think there are certain laws against photocopying money!

La Nightingail said...

"Legal tender" - what exactly is it?

Postcardy said...

Bank advertising postcards with financial advice and August calendars.

Anne Young said...

I knew my great great grandfather was a bank manager but I was most interested to find when researching for this blog post that there was a run on the bank he was managing in 1893 and this was just before one of Australia's major financial crises. Thank you for a most interesting prompt :)

Wendy said...

Without doubt, this is my worst contribution to Sepia Saturday. I even fell asleep reading it. Topic - some old coins.

DougVernX said...

I have a connection this week! (I think)

Anonymous said...

Some 1921 Australian coins

Mike Brubaker said...

I think I'm sort of on theme this weekend. It's a long story, musical of course, but one that I hope you find entertaining.

Little Nell said...

No theme bit a serendipitous centenary and a flight of fancy.

Unknown said...

Totally off-theme this week. Totally!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I have a shopping bag full of useless foreign currency and I'm inspired now to make a collage out of it all. My husband uses the nice looking bills for bookmarks. I hope everyone is enjoying these marvelous days of summer.

Joan said...

late again