Monday 19 October 2015

Sepia Saturday 302 : 24 October 2015


Our theme image for Sepia Saturday 302 - post your posts on or around Saturday 24th October 2015 and then link to the Linky List below - comes from the stream of the Texas State Archives available via Flickr Commons. The photograph is entitled "Ina Playing Harp" which doesn't tell us much, but Sepians are very good and making a lot from a little. So wherever the image takes you in your collections of old photographs, just go there, and tell us all about the journey.

If you have been taking a look at the list of themes for 2015, you will already know where Sepia Saturday will be going next week, but here is a reminder.


But I don't want to harp on about the future, so let us return to this week: it's time to post your posts and take part in Sepia Saturday 302. Everyone is invited, no strings attached.



13 comments:

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

My submission would probably be better for Halloween but I'll likely be unable to post by then. On the road almost until Christmas.

Jofeath said...

I'm off to Adelaide for a few days so posting early again this week, about a relative who was a performer and including a link to my favourite harpist.

Kristin said...

My uncle Louis Cleage playing a mandolin. I think.

La Nightingail said...

The Real Deal, or not? You decide.

ScotSue said...

I have returned to my love of Gilbert & Sullivan comic operas, beginning with my stage debut at school as a "rapturous maiden" in a floaty dress and plucking a cardboard lyre.

Alan Burnett said...

I have left my harp at home in order to feature a unique moment in the history of the human race

Barbara said...

You need hands ...

Mike Brubaker said...

For this weekend I can offer a real harpist with many more strings than the romantic lady pictured in our theme.

L. D. said...

I know we are being forewarned but for me it always is too late. I do have shots of kids playing in jazz bands and two sons wearing elaborate marching band uniforms. They are hard to find when they are buried in those old fashioned photo albums. It would be nice to have technology that would take an album and magically transfer it to a file on my computer.

Anonymous said...

Using the letters from the word HARPS to find some pictures.

Dara said...

My post features some musical instruments in my family history.

Wendy said...

You'll see I struggled with this one, but I was not to be undone. I even have a picture of a lyre, somewhat.

21 Wits said...

I'm in this week again, with a bit of information about the lovely Ina, who for some reason really fascinated me! Well she, and her photographer, who was born in England! Happy weekend to you!